Thursday, March 21, 2013

4!

Olivia turned 4 yesterday! 
We had a friend party for her on Saturday. I decorated for the party on Thursday and Friday last week and her actual birthday was not until Wednesday of this week so Olivia has been in full birthday mode for about a week. Yesterday on her birthday, her school did a little party after lunch and then our family went out to dinner and had cake and presents at home. This morning it was a little rough for her to come down from the birthday cloud (she wanted cake for breakfast) but I think once I get all the decorations from her party down and all cake and cookies out of the house, it will help!

When I asked Olivia what kind of party she wanted, her immediate response was "princess party". My immediate response (in my head) was PLEASE NO!! I asked her if she had any other interests and she said "Hello Kitty"! Then she said it about 9 more times so I knew we were good to go. I was very relieved- I can work with Hello Kitty. 



Hello Kitty cake
 I made this awesome tasting citrus cake as I have a few times before. I like to use lemon buttercream frosting though from this recipe. 


Our friends Lene and her kids came, Emma and her daughter Nora, Helene and Rune and their kids and 2 girls from Olivia's class, Rania and Kira, and their moms. There were 9 kids in all. It was a really fun party. Olivia had the best time! Sadly, our friends Lars and Ulrika and family could not make it. 




Matthew tried out some new camera tricks on his iPhone- some of the people are a little messed up but it is fun!




Getting a little shy before blowing the candles out on her cake...







Olivia and I made all the decorations. She colored almost all the Hello Kitty bows.






Hello Kitty mobile



It was so nice to have good friends over to celebrate. 

The next day, after church...


leftover birthday cake!!









I can't believe she is 4 already! Next, some pictures on her actual birthday...

No comments: