Thursday, March 21, 2013

Birthday - part II

As I mentioned in my post last year for Olivia's birthday, we have adopted the Danish tradition of making a kagemand on birthday mornings. This yummy pastry is shaped like a little man and decorated with candy. Matthew surprised Olivia with it first thing on her birthday morning. 





Olivia went to school after that and he school had a little party for her. She had a few candles and all the kids sang happy birthday to her. I made some snickerdoodles for everyone. It was very cute and sweet and I could tell Olivia loved it! Olivia has a favorite teacher at her school, Marie, and Marie always makes Olivia feel special and loved there. She is great! I did not take any pictures at the party- oops!


After the party, we took Olivia and Graham to eat at our favorite kebab place- Kosk Kebab in NΓΈrrebro. It was so good, as always! We get some combination of chicken kebabs with hummus and pita bread and rice. It is Olivia's favorite place to go. Here she is enjoying her hummus.



Graham eating some chicken


Then we went home....


and Olivia got her SECOND birthday cake. The first she had at her friend party so I decided to make one for her actual birthday. She wanted a butterfly cake.



I think she likes it!





Then she opened presents.


Graham threw a fit  because he did not get to open any presents.





Graham's fits are so minor compared to what Olivia did when she was that age and I have a little more of an idea of what I am doing now, so his little fits are still more funny than anything to me. Of course, I don't let him know that! 



Happy Birthday O!

No comments: