Sunday, December 30, 2007

Juniform

I first saw Birta Bjornsdottir's Juniform collection earlier this year. She is an Icelandic designer with such a cool name! I emailed her to see if she had any clothes in stores in the US. She was really nice, but said that she did not. So for the time being, I guess I can only look at these clothes online! Some of the pieces have a Star Wars/fantasy/romance feel to them, which on paper would not appeal to me, but I am really quite charmed by her clothes! She uses a lot of layering and contrast that result in a little bit of a nomadic effect. I would love to have one of her jackets. She has some of the most unique and interesting shapes and textures! Her 2007 collection and "New Stuff" is amazing! I don't really like her 2006 collection much at all, so stick to the newer stuff.







I want to wear every piece of this outfit. I love the piping on the pants and the jacket is so fun!






For now you can only buy her clothes in Iceland, but I think she is working on her online store. One more reason to go to Iceland!

2 comments:

otto said...

Bug would love to wear that fifth outfit.

Year of Pie said...

They're all so rad! I love the colors she uses, too - I especially liked the satiny blue one.