Monday, September 10, 2012

Morning Routine

Every weekday morning I take Olivia to her school. Before we moved, it was a 5 minute bike ride. Now it is a 15 - 20 minute bike ride each way. I usually take Graham with me, unless Matthew is home in the morning and then sometimes I leave him with Matthew. This morning I took them both with me and here is our exciting trip:

The kids are standing at the front door waiting for me to open it. 


Olivia has gotten very into girly things- bows, ribbons, dresses, princess crap, shiny things, etc. It is really cute! It is not really my thing but it is cool if it is hers! Today she asked me to put three ponytails with bows in her hair. I talked her down to two ponytails and to put the third bow on her finger. Victory!


Graham loves pushing things down our hallway.





I love what good friends these two are!


Here we have walked out our front door and are now at the back door of the building to go out and get our bike.


Olivia is standing in the back garden. To her right is our porch. She is crying because her bow fell off of her finger. Tragedy.


The kids are strapped into the bike trailer.








Outside our building. Our front door is there in the middle of the picture.


The view down our street 


I am biking in the bike lane for all pictures. You can see the bike lane we are in and then the street to our left on the other side of the little curb with the yellow line.




 In a lot of Copenhagen, the bike lane is separated from the street by trees and parked cars, like above. I like that a lot. 


I think it is so cute how the mail is delivered by bike here. You can see the mail bike parked outside the building above.


Then the mail delivery guy came out and I pretended that I wasn't taking picture of him and waited until he turned his back.


Really cool apartment building I pass everyday. I love the vines and the blue door.



Bakery I pass every morning and do not stop at. Hardly ever.







The trailer behind me. You can see my luxurious hair flowing in the wind. Ha! It is actually really dry and has a ton of split ends- I am getting a hair cut ASAP.





Cute little farmhouse we pass. Hard to see it through the fence.





Playground near her school


Cool building that always seems very East Coast USA- Ivy league to me somehow


This is a school very close to Olivia's. The school is on some farmland with a big garden and old farm house. This is the door into the garden. So cute!


Olivia's school is downstairs of this building


Out of the bike


Walking down the stairs


There was a party a few days ago and the balloons are still up when you walk in the door


Little chart on the wall of all the different countries children who have gone to her school have been from



The hallway inside- saying hi to friends


Olivia's cubby- she has the green sweater in hers


picture of the back play area


Olivia is saying goodbye to Graham



I then unhook and lock up the trailer and put Graham on my bike seat.


I think he likes it

Then we go home and play just the two of us!

No comments: